Monday, April 12, 2010

What would Mary do?



I so agree with Sarah Reinhard's article on this week's newsweek, but I would like to add in my two cents. For those of you know me, I can never keep my mouth quiet(something I am working on). Sometimes I wonder if this is in God's best interests. Father Michael reminded me this through his sermon yesterday on Divine Mercy Sunday. That we as Christians need to stop keeping silent and evangelize among nations. We need to be God's Christian soldiers doing His Will. This was God's Divine plan for his people, to come in the fullness of His Light.

As I read these two articles my first thought is why are they picking on Our Blessed Mother and the Catholic Church. We are not the only church this stuff is happening. Then I am brought to the Divine Cross. Good Friday was not too long ago. The Divine Cross our Savior was mocked, tormented and beaten, made fun of, spit on, for our sins. I realized that we will always be the crux of the Media and Society. We stand for all the values that God wanted us to express to this society that has lost its morals and character.

Both Women and Men are a integral part of the Catholic Church. I don't understand why people today still think women should be priests. It is in the Bible how Jesus wanted His disciples, who were men, to be Blessed with Evangelizing among nations. Our Sacred Tradition is based upon all these values.

The question says What would Mary would do? Our Blessed Mother would pray for everyone. She is a strong women who values prayer. She doesn't say much in scripture. You know through her life she was strong woman because of her prayer. She was able to watch her only Son, who was the Messiah die. We all should listen to her and pray and pray to her Son. Only through praying to Jesus, will the road ahead be light and have no burdens. Her Yes changed the world. Maybe that is why still today people are in awe of her.

God Bless!

Praising Him Joyfully,
Noelle

No comments:

Governor and Voting

I rarely put up political posts but today I will.  Today my son voted for the first time in our NJ primary for governor.  It has saddened me...