Thursday, November 11, 2010

Clarity, writing , and hope

The last couple of weeks have been hard on us medically speaking.  I feel like I have lived between the doctor and the chiropractor.  And yet I hear God saying be still.  Being still in the midst of what is going on between my daughter and I medically.  For the past 4 weeks I have been sick up and down and so has she.  So I pray and ask for guidance and he tells me to be still and listen that I have a voice. Maybe this was a spiritual fight as well as a medical one.
For a long time I never wanted to accept writing, because I always picked the safe road for my family.  Teaching was not the road that God wanted me to choose, or maybe I was not spiritual ready for what he would ask me to do.  I am not so sure I am ready but I am writing.  Yes I am writing a book, and freelancing articles on the side.  I realized surrendering it all doesn't mean just some parts of my life. It means all. I finally surrendered it all.  This past weekend His Grace showed me amazing things that I never thought I could have enough courage to do, but I am.  It is such a part of me I never realized I was missing something. I got an email from a person today, who said she loves my name.  She said it is her daughter's middle name because it reminds her of hope.  It blew me away.  I never thought of myself as hope-filled, but maybe that is what God has been trying to tell me all along.  He just used another angel to explain it to me.
Thank you God for the gifts you have given to me.  God Bless you all.

No comments:

Governor and Voting

I rarely put up political posts but today I will.  Today my son voted for the first time in our NJ primary for governor.  It has saddened me...