Thursday, June 20, 2013

Graduation, where did the time go?

     This month has been a very emotional one.  My son graduated 8th grade. He is my youngest.  Last month he received his Confirmation.  Both huge events.  At the Graduation Mass I cried it was so beautiful.  He got an amazing blessing from our pastor the morning after. It was beautiful.  That I was tearing at. But this week I cried at a Court of Honor which I have never done. As the scoutmaster called the boys ranking up, my son went up.  I realized what an amazing young man he has become.  He has been in scouts since tiger scouts. I never questioned him going to boy scouts, but I never realized how much we needed it.  They take a young boy and through the years make wonderful young men of them. Scouts is a family not just an organization. I saw young men who I have known since they were young join the eagle ranks. Many of whom have helped my son get to his Star rank.
     I look at his picture when he was 3 and now he is 14.  Where did the time fly? We have had some amazing times. This past year has been rough.  We live in a shore community.  What Sandy did to our town I cannot describe it.  You have to live through it. But my son became my rock through it all.  I am so proud of him this year especially.  He soared like an eagle; took on challenges I wasn't sure he could do.  He did it with such ease and grace; I will never know how it happened. God has been his stronghold and ours.

No comments:

Governor and Voting

I rarely put up political posts but today I will.  Today my son voted for the first time in our NJ primary for governor.  It has saddened me...