Wednesday, February 20, 2008

My journey in Faith

Our journey is laid before us if we only look closely. My journey of homeschooling started there. I homeschooled our children in preschool thinking it was the best thing for them. And then I sent them to school. God always kept showing me opportunities where homeschooling was the better choice. I use the analogy he threw pebbles into the water to get my attention to it. One day he threw a boulder so I looked and saw what needed to be done. We finally took them out of school, I felt this sense of relief and being terrified at the same time. I had taught. I was a teacher for many years. All of sudden I realized this immense responsibility I had overtaken. As the year progressed, it was pure joy and love. It took awhile but I had my children back again. The school system somehow hardens them. My daughter loves being homeschooled. She will tell the best thing she loves are the trips and learning to cook. My son will tell you the best thing he loves is doing his work on the floor and playing games. I love just seeing the joy in there eyes and really enjoying learning again.

3 comments:

Sue B. said...

Noelle, this is wonderful. Thanks for the invitation to share it.

Unknown said...

Thanks Sue. I wanted to incorporate our whole Catholic life into one blog for over year and didn't know how, but God gave me the words.

Melanie said...

dear noelle,

thank you for your kind invitation! i've started by reading this very first entry in your blog. this is our first "official" homeschool year. i'm feeling anxiety, but i know we'll be fine. your words were reassuring.

when i hear the news, i have affirmations every time, that this is the right choice for our family.

please pray for us, as we will pray for you.

can't wait to read your other entries! i have a blog, too. it is a Mother's Rule of Life blog. i have a few homeschool things posted on it. but i was thinking about getting a separate blog just for homeschooling. i love taking pictures and writing about their schoolwork.

my blog is at:
livingmrol.blogspot.com

God bless you!

love mel

Governor and Voting

I rarely put up political posts but today I will.  Today my son voted for the first time in our NJ primary for governor.  It has saddened me...