Monday, July 20, 2009

Tracking Virtue, Conquering Vice: A Guide for Spiritual Survival

Rev. Joseph's Classen's book , Tracking Virtue,Conquering Vice, is a book everyone should read. It is a book you can't put down. Wherever you are in your faith journey with God, this book applies to you. Through storytelling techniques, Father Classen discusses topics by getting straight to the point. He writes about the seven deadly sins and their counterpart virtue, and shows us how to recognize them in our daily lives through his many hunting stories. As a master tracker and outdoorsmen,who are very observant, he relates everything to the outdoors and hunting. He states that we should have our eyes fully open and be very observant to what we see as Christians. God has left us "God-signs" everywhere to know he is fully present. I highly recommend this book, I absolutely loved it.

No comments:

Governor and Voting

I rarely put up political posts but today I will.  Today my son voted for the first time in our NJ primary for governor.  It has saddened me...