Thursday, September 3, 2009

Meat and Potatoes Catholicism

In Father Classen's second book, "Meat& Potatoes Catholicism", he gets down literally to the Meat and Potatoes of our Faith. He used references from the Catechism, and experiences in his parish life as a priest, along with his unfailing humor to explain the sacraments, traditions, and many other questions. He uses day to day language to explain answers to questions, along with practical examples in everyday life. He puts all the confusion, errors and myths that people believe and still believe to this day to rest in this book. He also uses himself as instrument through his struggles to get to the heart of the matter in our Faith. After reading this book, I would highly recommend this books for a Bible Study or just to read to get more educated about our Catholic Faith. I am a hug fan of Father Classen's after reading two of his books. I am looking forward to reading more and hope he writes more.

Here is a link to this book at The Catholic Company:

http://www.catholiccompany.com/catholic-books/1111216/Meat-Potatoes-Catholicism?sli=1111216


Go out and get it!!!

Praising Him Joyfully,
Noelle:)

No comments:

Governor and Voting

I rarely put up political posts but today I will.  Today my son voted for the first time in our NJ primary for governor.  It has saddened me...