Friday, October 23, 2009

Revelations

Revelations? It is amazing how your crosses in life become your biggest strengths. Maybe that is what Jesus wants to teach to us. All my life the one gift I treasured the most was writing and it is the most scary gift. You lay yourself vulnerable out there, because the best writers write from experience. Since 1992, I have been a teacher. I chose this profession because it was a safe profession. I was never the risk taker. Writing as a profession was scary: would have enough money to survive on? All these questions through it all, one thing was missing my Trust in God. I told a good friend yesterday that Trusting in God is easy during the good times. When the bad times comes Trusting in God is truly a cross one bears. Well I have come to that cross and He has shown me the way, either I keep pedaling to it with God or I stop pedaling and fall off the bike. There are so many things going on in our lives right now and I am choosing to pedal it and finally start freelancer again with God's guidance. He will show me the way. I will still be teaching at home(homeschooling), but for now my teaching degree will be taking a back saddle. Homeschooling and writing for God's Divine Grace are my vocations He set me on the path to do. Through this whole struggle we have been going to two of the beatitudes come close to home:

Blessed are the poor in spirit, theirs is the Kingdom of God.
Blessed are the pure in heart, they shall see God.

No comments:

Governor and Voting

I rarely put up political posts but today I will.  Today my son voted for the first time in our NJ primary for governor.  It has saddened me...