Thursday, May 13, 2010

Review of U Got 2 Love by Fr. Stan Fortuna, C.F.R.







U Got 2 Love took me by surprise pleasantly. Fr. Stan Fortuna uses everyday language. I was afraid it would be a book over my head in theological language, but it was not. I was surprisingly impressed with this book. He explains what real love is, not the love they show in movies today. He explains how God is true love at its best. He describes it as a "peaceful sea of blazin charity". He links love with obedience and responsibility, how we should cherish it. Love is a free choice that God has given us. The Chapter on Crucified Love was a poignant part of this book for me. Fr. Stan Fortuna explains how we need to embrace the Cross that leads us to God's love and conversion in our lives, which is our acceptance and dependence on God. This is a book about empowering love and realizing they we need love before we can love others. This is an awesome book for young adults as well as adults!

http://www.catholiccompany.com/catholic-books/1033428/U-Got-2-Love?sli=1033428



Given book to Review by The Catholic Company:

http://www.catholiccompany.com/

No comments:

Governor and Voting

I rarely put up political posts but today I will.  Today my son voted for the first time in our NJ primary for governor.  It has saddened me...