Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Boy Scouts

My son has always been involved in scouts.  As many of you know he has a disability, not so much an academic one, but a medical one.  He has SPD(sensory Processing Disorder), an eye tracking problem, probably mild aspberger's. He went through cub scouts and loved it.  This past year he went to Boy Scouts.  Let me tell you he grew up over the summer.  He went to camp because I insisted on it, not because he really wanted to go.  He didn't want to go and ended up having the time of his life. He absolutely loved it and is talking abut next summer camp already. I picked him up at the meeting last night, and I was so happy for him.  It is a place he fits into, a place he belongs.  It has been a long time in finding that.  We have had a rough road that we traveled.  Homeschooling was the best place for him academically, and boy scouts has been the best place for him socially.  It is the place that he loves going to, and is rushing out the door to get too.  He has made bonds with these boys that he will always have.  He told me last night, Mom I want to become an Eagle Scout and help our parish while doing it.  All I can say is what an awesome Boy Scout Troop he is in.  I cannot thank enough his leaders and the boys in his Troop.  We are truly Blessed to have an awesome Troop at Saint Veronica's Church.  I truly believe that wherever God is present people's lives are Blessed.  We have been Blessed abundantly because of it.  God Bless You all!

No comments:

Governor and Voting

I rarely put up political posts but today I will.  Today my son voted for the first time in our NJ primary for governor.  It has saddened me...