Thursday, October 14, 2010

Percy Jackson and the Olympians

 

After reading the last book, my reaction was WOW!  We started this series because we are doing a unit study on Greece.  Being a writer myself, this book series was awesome. It is written as Percy is telling the story throughout all five books.  The descriptions of Percy's world and his reactions to the world were detailed.  Rick Riordan has the world he created highly detailed down to the smallest blade that Annabeth uses. He thoroughly researched before writing these books.  Through reading these books, your children will get a great lesson in Greek Mythology. It is an action pack series of books from the Lightning Thief to The Last Olympian. There are five books in this series: The Lightning Thief, The Sea of Monsters, The Titan's Curse, The Battle of the Labyrinth, and The Last Olympian.  We were drawn to this series because of the fact that Percy has dyslexia and ADHD, and how the author uses his disability as his greatest ability is truly impressive.  All those special needs parents need to get these books for their kids, I highly recommend this series. Everyone of all ages will enjoy this, especially those History geeks like me.

No comments:

Governor and Voting

I rarely put up political posts but today I will.  Today my son voted for the first time in our NJ primary for governor.  It has saddened me...