Monday, September 2, 2013

Back to school and looking back on the past year

It is funny how I look over the moments this summer with the kids, and realized the things I will change in our future summers.  But we had an awesome summer. They have grown to be wonderful people, whom I am so proud of. This fall there are so many changes in store for us.  I am writing again; I have two High School students, whom we are homeschooling; I will be expanding my business(I hope).  Finally, I am taking a leap to make my own transcript and leaving the traditional educational loop of satellite school.  Being a special ed teacher, I felt I needed things I really didn't. Sometimes we see the world in a tinted colored glass, half-empty, instead we should see it half-full, as my dear husband always reminds me. I am truly thankful God put him in my life all those years ago. Tomorrow we are back to full days.  I look forward to homeschooling, and days of my pumpkin spice coffee from Starbucks, and Boy Scout meetings with awesome friends. I thank God for this year of learning about Grace and getting closer to him and my town. I pray not to see another storm like that ever again, but at least I know how to do an evacuation kit. Most of all, I feel so grateful for our new church and the wonderful people we have met.  And for an awesome pastor who makes me laugh, despite how much we are going through. Have a great school year, everyone!

Praising Him,
Noelle

No comments:

Governor and Voting

I rarely put up political posts but today I will.  Today my son voted for the first time in our NJ primary for governor.  It has saddened me...