Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Autism doesn't define you, your character does.

     All of you, if you have been reading my blog, know I have a son who has autism.  I have always told him Autism does not define him, your character does. I felt like all the therapies, all the work he has done, had come full circle tonight.  He stood up in front of his troop, something he has never did before, and explained to his troop about a Catholic Retreat for Boy Scouts he is going on, that our pastor runs.  I was so proud of how well he handled himself.  One person can make a difference in lives of others if they are constantly encouraging him. He has had several mentors in his troop through the years.  He also has an awesome Scoutmaster. I remember Temple Grandin saying in an interview, that  Boy Scouts is awesome for boys on the spectrum.  I wouldn't have believed it, unless I saw it with my own eyes, and tonight I did. My heart is so joyful for him in this accomplishment.

Praising Him,
Noelle

No comments:

Governor and Voting

I rarely put up political posts but today I will.  Today my son voted for the first time in our NJ primary for governor.  It has saddened me...