Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Faith in Difficult Times

Today was the first time in a long time I woke up and took time to smell the flowers and just be with God. This school year has been a trying time for us as a family. My husband and I being unemployed, the diagnosis of my son. I truly felt at the foot of the cross with Jesus. My faith has suffered through it all. But then something happened the last couple of weeks during this New Year, I started praying and being still with God. I listened and just didn't talk like I do incessantly.
I realized many things today as I prayed. God puts crosses in our lives to bring us to the foot of his cross to say, come up here and see what I see. And I cry in what I see. I see souls being lost within our own community, our own families. Today I realized why I am going through these crosses to pray for those souls and to help mine along with it. So in that reality, I realized nothing should be hidden. The truth is all around us if we truly look for it.
So today I have embraced my son's diagnosis of SPD and ADHD, along with the food allergies that make it so difficult for him at times. He embraces it all with a smile and says it is okay Mom, God made me this way to help someone else. He is right. I realized my true talent is writing and God has steered me to write an article about the journey Luke and I are having. There is the job I keep looking for and keep telling God later I can do that. But when I finally surrendered to it, life so much easier and the words they just flow out. God is amazing in all of His Divine Creations in life. Finally, yes I see it all as a journey to God's greater plan for us. Homeschooling has made all of this so much easier for him and I to endure through it all, and God knew that we would travel this journey together. God has blessed us with that too, by all these crosses come in babysteps. He knows how much we can endure, even when we think we can't, we can.
And Yes even unemployment can be a Blessing. I was amazed to realize this today. It has been a Blessing to us as a family. We have gotten closer as a family. My husband has gotten to spend more time with the kids and I. He now understands what we go through day to day. Yes, it has been a financial burden, but there are more important things than just money. Finally surrendered this to God. The journey is not always easy but the treasure at the end of the road is worth it.

God Bless you all in the journeys you travel,
Noelle:)

No comments:

Governor and Voting

I rarely put up political posts but today I will.  Today my son voted for the first time in our NJ primary for governor.  It has saddened me...