Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Book Review: Hunting For God, Fishing for the Lord

I read all of Father Classen's book in reverse order. God always has a plan for that. This should have been the first book, but this is my last. In reading his book, I was going through a spiritual journey. God and Father Classen were traveling with me through this adventure through his book. In his book, Father Classen talks about the encounters he has had with God in the Great Outdoors. He recalls stories from his boyhood past into adulthood, with each one there is a very poignant lesson. As he explains each lesson learned he points out his obstacles and strengths through learning the lesson taught. The one thing that impressed me with this book is the fact he, as priest and an avid, competitive outdoorsman, showed how even he gave into self temptations, but overcame them through God's grace. Through this book, one thing stems out very clearly his search for the truth: The truth of God and in the doctrines we are taught as Catholics. I have enjoyed the three book journey with him. I highly recommend this book for everyone!

http://www.catholiccompany.com/catholic-books/1003011/Hunting-God-Fishing-Lord?sli=1003011


Given book to review for the Catholic Company: http://www.catholiccompany.com/

No comments:

Governor and Voting

I rarely put up political posts but today I will.  Today my son voted for the first time in our NJ primary for governor.  It has saddened me...