Friday, July 15, 2011

The end is near--Harry Potter

I want to thank JK Rowling for instilling the love of reading into my children, for guiding me back to writing, and for allowing me to walk into the world through book, that showed such imagination and great writing.  Homeschooling helped a lot, but reading this series made them want to read more, like Rick Riordan, whom they currently love.  Yes we are Book Geeks and proud of it. I had to write a post after seeing the last movie of Harry Potter.  I will miss a new book for this series coming out.   Thus a new movie with it.  We all knew it had to end.  The last book I cried form beginning to end from Hedwig's death to Lupin and Fred's.  It just shows how we as human beings all have flaws but how we try to overcome them for the good of others.  The movie was awesome.  It was better than I thought it would be.  It was a great end to a great series.  These movies have stayed true to the book, which alot of other series have not.  It was amazing to travel through this world as the characters have grown up and see what great young adults they have become.  Life is ever changing.  It is amazing that this series has lasted for 10 years.  Thank you for the memories with my family as we read the books and discussed them.  I will leave you all with the final line from the Deathly Hallows book that Harry said: The scar had not pained Harry for nineteen years.  All was well.
Good Bye Harry!

No comments:

Governor and Voting

I rarely put up political posts but today I will.  Today my son voted for the first time in our NJ primary for governor.  It has saddened me...