Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Paulist Messages of the Day

Be cleansed of sin to keep clear the path to God.

What I do, I do not understand. For I do not do what I want, but I do what I hate. So now it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me.

~ St. Paul, Romans 7:15,17

For the object of Christ in the church is not to interpose the church, or her sacraments, or her worship between himself and the soul, but through their instrumentality to come in personal contact with the soul, and by the power of his grace to wash away its sins, communicate to it fellowship with God as the heavenly Father, and thereby to sanctify it.

~ Father Isaac Hecker, Servant of God,
founder of the Missionary Society of St. Paul the Apostle (1819 - 1888)

No comments:

Governor and Voting

I rarely put up political posts but today I will.  Today my son voted for the first time in our NJ primary for governor.  It has saddened me...