Monday, February 15, 2010

The Lightning Thief Movie






http://www.rickriordan.com/index.php/books-for-children/the-lightning-thief/

We are on Book 3:The Titan's Curse. I love these books. We are book lovers in our family. We have decided to read these books as a family and they are awesome. We went to see the movie. It was a cool movie, if you didn't read the book. It was a typical Hollywood, special effect movie. It was not what I expected. It changed the plot of the story. It was missing characters that are important in later on books. I love the author and his style of writing. This movie was a disappointment to me and my kids. First in the book they are 12 year olds. They were in high school in the movie, so that changed the movie significantly. The whole way Percy finds out he was Poseidon's son is very important to the plot and that was not even in the movie. The Pearls were given to him by the water nymphs in the book and here they had to find them. Would I go to see the second movie of the second book, not if it is filmed like this? I love the books, but the movie disappointed me. Apparently based on the book, means you can change the plot of the book too. My review for this movie, I agree with the critics--C.

No comments:

Governor and Voting

I rarely put up political posts but today I will.  Today my son voted for the first time in our NJ primary for governor.  It has saddened me...