Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Ash Wednesday

Today is Ash Wednesday. The ashes we receive today are from the palms that are burned from last year's palms. The Ashes represents the Christ's Passion. He died and rose from the dead, so he could save us. We are all on different journeys of life toward God. God has saved my family in many ways over the last year--through my husband's unemployment. The one lesson, I have learned is patience and in God's time not ours. I never doubted God or my husband through the journey, but at times I doubted myself. As I look toward this Lent with anticipation of His Resurrection, I remember that we all have suffered in different ways, but he wants us to look toward him and ask Him to come to our aid.

Praising Him,
Noelle

No comments:

Governor and Voting

I rarely put up political posts but today I will.  Today my son voted for the first time in our NJ primary for governor.  It has saddened me...