Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Ants and a HUGE spider

This is totally off-topic, it is not exactly Catholic or homeschooling-ish. Now is that a word I just created, probably. I was making my nightly bathroom visit, I look down and there are ants every where. I am thinking okay--this is so not the time to scream the kids are all sleeping and Greg is on the computer. Think, Noelle, what do ants hate--vinegar. I am in the midst of spring cleaning--so I have my vinegar bottle handy and sprayed the military encampment in my bathroom. SO I think it is better and walk into the living room. I see them again as if they are waging war on my shoes. I am a girl after all--Men are supposed to do this. Then I think. No, I have had a child upchuck into my mouth; I had another child have diarrhea in the car as a toddler, been up late nights washing sheets from kids throwing up. I can handle this and I sprayed them and swept up the little dead bodies and threw them out. Then I go to go to bed and I see this thing scurry along my path. I am at this point going, Lord, I know you have a great sense of humor, but I am tired. At first thought it was a mouse, it wasn't-- it was a HUGE spider. I took the broom as my sword and shooed him out the door. All I am thinking is we are studying botany this year and God is just showing me true Botany. Really does one want it in their house? Of course not. So in the midst of daily frustrations, think of the humor that God sends us.

Praising Him Joyfully,
Noelle

No comments:

Governor and Voting

I rarely put up political posts but today I will.  Today my son voted for the first time in our NJ primary for governor.  It has saddened me...