Friday, April 3, 2009

Pope John Paul II

Be not afraid. Open wide the gates to Christ. Open up to his saving power the confines of the state, open up economic and political systems, the vast empires of culture, civilization and development. . . . Be not afraid!-Pope John Paul II. Four years ago he died, and he was my pope since I was 8 years old. I saw him at Saint Patrick's Cathedral in 8th grade. The best experience of my life. I wonder what he would think of the world four years later. My son has loved him. When he died it devastated him just like it did the rest of the world. Now Pope Benedict has such an awesome task before him in this world fascinated with death that doesn't cherish life. Jesus had an awesome task before him too as we are about to enter Holy Week, we should remember those in our lives we cherish the most. God Bless you all!

No comments:

Governor and Voting

I rarely put up political posts but today I will.  Today my son voted for the first time in our NJ primary for governor.  It has saddened me...