Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Paul in a Basket Review for Catholic Company

I just received The Paul in a Basket Audio CD with the production notes to put on a play by Rob Evans, the Donut Man. The songs have a great beat to them. The narration is very lively and keeps the kids on track of the story. It is an hour long CD and production if you choose to do it. This would be a really good play to put on for VBS or a home school group co-op setting, even for a Children's Ministry to put on in church. The staging directions are great , but I would make a few suggestions. In the song and staging of the New Creation , it talks about caterpillars and metamorphosis. I would suggest to read a book about a butterfly's life cycle. Some smaller children may not know about it yet. In the part when it talks about the Holy Spirit, I would also suggest a picture of a dove and talk about the gifts of the Holy Spirit. I would also like to see more pictures of Saint Paul staged during the play. The production notes are a bit confusing, because it does not follow along with the CD. For example, the CD goes 1-5 then skips to 8 and back to 6 in the production notes. Also, #9 "Do What is Good", is not on the CD at all but in the production notes. Overall, I think this an excellent product for PreK-4th grade. The CD is a great resource for the Life of Saint Paul, especially for The Year of Saint Paul. I strongly recommend this for Elementary children. God Bless!

Paul in a Basket CD: http://www.catholiccompany.com/catholic-books/5003025/Paul-Basket-Musical-Adventure-Kids-CD

Catholic Company: http://www.catholiccompany.com

No comments:

Governor and Voting

I rarely put up political posts but today I will.  Today my son voted for the first time in our NJ primary for governor.  It has saddened me...